For those wanting information regarding congestive heart failure, or any other heart-related issues. The goal of Cardiac Chat is for individuals to learn the skills that help manage their condition and improve their quality of life. Family members are encouraged to also attend and bring questions.
Attend for the whole hour or just stop in during the scheduled time. Staff members from various departments in the hospital will be on hand monthly to answer various questions:
- Nurse – blood pressure, pulse and weight
- Durable Medical Equipment – questions about medical equipment, oxygen
- Social services – see what resources are available in the community – home health, etc.
- Pharmacist – discuss and answer any questions about medications
- Cardiac Rehab – discuss physical activity and smoking cessation
- Dietitians – dietary changes and weight management
- Managed Care – answer any questions about insurance/Medicare plans
Dr. David Thompson from Heartcare Midwest will be at our October 8th meeting to answer your heart-related questions. For more information regarding “Cardiac Chat,” please call (815) 664-1118.