Dietary Aide – 9252
Scope of Responsibility:
The Dietary Aide will perform duties in the Dish room as well as Host, Expeditor and Cafeteria Worker as scheduled.
- The purpose of the Host is to deliver patient meal trays and in most cases, directly to the patient.
- The Cafeteria Worker is responsible for maintaining daily operations of the Cafeteria by utilizing efficient and friendly customer service skills, accuracy with cash register and ability to keep foods refilled, refreshed and rotated while waiting on customers.
- The primary responsibility of the Expeditor is to accurately assemble patient meal trays and check each tray to see that it conforms to established quality and presentation standards. The Expeditor will assist with room service calls during peak times or in absence of the Supervisor.
- The Dishwasher will perform duties related to the dish room to provide clean dish sanitation.
- The Dietary Aide is responsible for sanitation of work areas, restocking supplies in work areas and additional cleaning as scheduled.
Dietary Aides will follow the principles of safe food handling by using sound food handling practices, demonstrating proper hand washing habits, use of gloves and having hair contained. The Dietary Aide reports directly to the Director of Dietary Services and is accountable to the Supervisor, patients, family, visitors and other hospital staff. Following and supporting the Hospital Mission is a critical aspect of responsibility for the Dietary Aide.