Providing care for the whole family.
Founded in 1914 by F.W. Matthiessen, the Hygienic Institute Community Health Center has been providing area residents with easily accessible health care for more than 100 years! From lab tests and immunization services to checkups and physicals, our doctors and nurse practitioners are available to provide care for the whole family.
- Non-emergency care: Physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners treat people of all ages.
- Daycare, school, sport, employment and wellness physical examinations.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment: The clinic can examine, test and treat clients for various sexually transmitted infections with a providers order.
- Childhood immunizations: Childhood immunization clinics are offered 8 to 10:45 a.m. and 1 to 3:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday by appointment only. Medicaid and Private Insurance accepted. For more details about immunizations, please review the Children’s Vaccine Schedule and additional information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Adult immunizations and foreign travel vaccination services: If you are traveling out of the country or need a routine immunization, we can help you determine your immunization needs. Immunizations available include tetanus; shingles; measles, mumps and rubella (MMR); polio; flu; pneumonia; hepatitis A and B; meningitis; varicella (chicken pox) and typhoid.
- TB skin testing: Tuberculosis screening is available; no appointment is necessary.
- Medical laboratory services: Blood tests and lead screening are performed Monday through Thursday, from 8 to 10 a.m.
- Sports Physicals
- School Physicals
Accepting All Forms of Payment
We accept multiple forms of payment, including commercial insurance, credit cards, Medicaid, Medicare, and self-pay. Eligible patients also may arrange for payment plans, depending on the scope of services provided.
Please make an appointment for all Community Lab Draws and Shots. Call 815-223-0196 to make an appointment.