Providing care for the whole family.
Founded in 1914 by F.W. Matthiessen, the Hygienic Institute has been providing area residents with easily accessible health care for more than 100 years! From lab tests and immunization services to checkups and physicals, our doctors and nurse practitioners are available to provide care for the whole family.
- Non-emergency care: Physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners treat people of all ages.
- Daycare, school, sport, employment and wellness physical examinations.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment: The clinic can examine, test and treat clients for various sexually transmitted infections with a provider’s order.
- Childhood immunizations: Childhood immunization clinics are offered 8am to 10:45am and 1pm to 3:45pm Monday through Thursday by appointment only. Medicaid and Private Insurance accepted. For more details about immunizations, please review the Children’s Vaccine Schedule and additional information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Adult immunizations and foreign travel vaccination services: If you are traveling out of the country or need a routine immunization, we can help you determine your immunization needs. Immunizations available include tetanus; shingles; measles, mumps and rubella (MMR); polio; flu; pneumonia; hepatitis A and B; meningitis; varicella (chicken pox) and typhoid.
- TB skin testing: Tuberculosis screening is available; no appointment is necessary.
- Medical laboratory services: Blood tests and lead screening are performed Monday through Thursday, from 8 to 10am.
- School physicals
- Sports physicals
Mental Health Services Available Through Telehealth Only at this Location
- Ginger Brainard, PhD, is an adolescent psychologist who sees patients via telehealth appointments only.
Your primary care provider (PCP), along with a healthy diet and exercise, is one of the greatest assets for your health. Primary care should be the first choice for most non-emergent health needs. No matter where you live, PCP’s fulfill the same important role for your health care.
Before you select the option of a walk-in clinic or urgent care, schedule a checkup with your primary care provider for non-urgent issues, regular checkups and school and sports physicals. We also offer DOT physicals and other Occupational Health Services for area businesses.
- Get to know you and understand your concerns
- Make referrals to any specialists you may need
- Consult and coordinate your care
- Make sure you get the appropriate follow up
- Make it a priority to provide care as soon as possible
Family medicine falls within primary care and as you might expect, involves comprehensive care for the whole family. A family provider sees patients of any age (from newborns to seniors alike). Our family physicians are dedicated to establishing long-term, trusted relationships with patients and their families. As a primary care provider, a family physician is often the first line of care a patient sees, providing a wide range of care, including:
- Regular checkups
- Well-baby checkups
- Health Screenings and Risk Assessments
- Preventative Care
- Treatment of More Common Chronic Diseases
- and More
Accepting All Forms of Payment
We accept multiple forms of payment, including commercial insurance, credit cards, Medicaid, Medicare, and self-pay. Eligible patients also may arrange for payment plans, depending on the scope of services provided.
Please make an appointment for all Community Lab Draws and Shots. Call (815) 223-0196 to make an appointment.